Customer Case Study
Problem: A global OEM was spending too much on robot maintenance for 160 robots.
- 160 pails of lubricant
- 640 hours of labor
- Lubricant/labor cost over $100,000
Solution: Purchased and implemented a single Axis Saver™ unit.
- 120 pails of lubricant
- 160 hours of labor
- Lubricant/labor cost less than $55,000
How It Works:
- Axis Saver™ is moved into place near robot cell.
- Air/electrical connections are made from cart to facility supply.
- Make incoming connections from cart to robot.
- Make evacuated lubricant connections from robot to purge pail.
- Cycle is started via the HMI or cycle start button.
- During the cycle, samples are collected and tested via the sample ports on the outlet hoses.
- Further cycles are run based on test results.
- Disconnect all hoses and return to the cart.
- Axis Saver™ moves to the next robot in the facility.
Robots are the workhorses of your production lines and their axes should be efficiently maintenanced to keep them working. The Axis Saver has time savings of at least 78% and a material savings of at least 25%. Anchored on an industrial cart with four-wheel steering, the Axis Saver can be hitched to any powered cart or fork lift to be easily transported around the facility. The all-inclusive cart is designed to stay in the aisle, outside the robot cell, while dispensers provide airless lubricant via hoses to the axes of the robot.
Pressure sensors are used to ensure proper installation and target lubricant pressure. The robot outlet hoses capture evacuated lubricant in a purge pail during the process to allow technicians to leave the cell just as clean as they found it. All hoses are equipped with quick-disconnect fittings to allow leak-free connections without tools.
RotoMeter Dispensers for Grease
GDPs for Grease
Zone Valves for Grease
Interested in Our Products?
Fill out the form below, and we'll follow up with you!
4551 Holland Ave, Holland, MI 49424