Material savings of at least 25% via accurate and efficient lubricant dispensing
Sensors protect robot seals
The Axis Saver™ is engineered to significantly reduce the expensive time and material constraints of robot maintenance lubrication. The robots are the workhorses of your production lines and their axes should be efficiently maintained to quickly put them back to work and keep them working!
Anchored on an industrial cart with four-wheel steering, Axis Saver™ can be hitched to any powered cart (or fork lift) to be easily transported around the facility. The all-inclusive cart is designed to stay in the aisle outside the cell while positive displacement dispensers provide airless lubricant via a patented air removal process through ample length outlet hoses to the axes of the robot. Pressure sensors are used to ensure proper installation and target lubricant pressure. The robot outlet hoses capture evacuated lubricant in a purge pail during the process to allow technicians to leave the cell just as clean as they found it. All hoses are equipped with quick-disconnect fittings to allow leak-free connections without tools.
Customer Case Study
Problem: A global OEM was spending too much on robot maintenance for 160 robots.
160 pails of lubricant
640 hours of labor
Lubricant/labor cost over $100,000
Solution: Purchased and implemented a single Axis Saver™ unit.
120 pails of lubricant
160 hours of labor
Lubricant/labor cost less than $55,000
How It Works
1. Axis Saver™ is moved into place near robot cell.
2. Air/electrical connections are made from cart to facility supply.
3. Make incoming connections from cart to robot.
4. Make evacuated lubricant connections from robot to purge pail.
5. Cycle is started via the HMI or cycle start button.
6. During the cycle, samples are collected and tested via the sample ports on the outlet hoses.
7. Further cycles are run based on test results.
8. Disconnect all hoses and return to the cart.
9. Axis Saver™ moves to the next robot in the facility.